Best SEO Tips for eCommerce Sites in the Middle East
Whether you sell ties, electronics, or wedding dresses, going online through an ecommerce website has become a must. In the Arab world, B2C e-commerce currently accounts for less than 1% of total retail sales in the Middle East, and just 2% in GCC region. Moreover, only 15% of the region’s businesses have an online presence, and the majority of the online selling are cross-border. But the internet revolution is about to change those figures soon, as recent PayFort’s report reveal that e-commerce is expected to grow from $9 billion in sales in 2012, to $15 billion in 2015.
PayPal reveals that last year’s online sales in the Middle East amounted to USD 11 billion, adding that favored products for online purchases across the Middle East region are travel-related services on which online buyers have spent $ 1.5 billion in 2012, followed by consumer electronics ($250 million), computers ($248 million), and jewelry and watches ($222 million). Furthermore, 7 out of 10 online buyers state that good prices are a reason to buy online, while 56 percent claim that the ease of use is one of the benefit.
Secret Weapon for eCommerce Websites:
1. Find appropriate English & Arabic keywords: in-depth keyword analysis is a must to find those key phrases that will boost your site’s effectiveness. Vary between short and long-tail keywords and favor those that lead to a higher conversion rate.
2. Use Strategic Keywords in Anchor Text, rather than “click here” or “check this out”.
3. Avoid as much as possible duplicate content from other sites and throughout your site.
4. Encourage customers to leave product reviews.
5. The URL of the product and category must be kept simple, rather than filled with useless ids and tags. It must include the keyword and other simple words.
6. Keyword rich links must be inserted in the description of the product followed by an additional product description.
7. Images must be optimized, and all text attributes for the images must be different including the names of the brand. It is very necessary to follow ethical methods to gain profits.
8. Landing pages for each brand category should be available on your ecommerce site, as it helps increase your site rankings.
Arabic SEO for eCommerce sites is unique and used tag strategies are also different. It is always better to look for services that make use of customized online marketing strategies that include a thorough on-page optimization and an effective link building strategy targeting local sites, to promote your site in high authority sites across the Middle East region.